Saturday 25 September 2010

The staff of life!!!!

A lovely lady called Roxanne contacted me. She lives in beautiful Dorset. She asked me if I could knit a loaf of bread for her. But not any ordinary loaf of bread, a special one. One that everyone knows and can remember.
This to be exact.....



I knew I'd be able to make one, I just had to do a test pattern first. I always do a test, I call it my "grey", knitting in grey yarn. That way, I can see if I need to make any adjustments to the shapings, or design.

Well here's my finished loaf......



My aim with my knitting is to make what I see. I hope I've done the loaf justice.
It was a pleasure to make this and I hope Roxanne will be very happy with it.
Thank you Roxanne!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the hovis loaf, it is absolutely fantastic and we are so very pleased with it!!!!! It will sit pride of place as our teams mascot.
    Linda you are a very talented woman!!!!!(and also very lovely x)
    Roxanne :)

    ReplyDelete