Wednesday 21 December 2011

Fluffy and puffy (yarn and pastry!)

Now that all my Christmas projects are completed and everything packed away, apart from finishing off the gift tags which I've made, I can concentrate on making birthday and celebration cards which I need for early January. Hopefully I can get them made tomorrow and then my desk will be clear.
I spent some time playing with ideas on the Serif graphics programme....
...roses are the theme for one of the cards and so I've used pictures of roses in our garden....
....I've taken so many it's difficult which image to choose...
.....there will be co-ordinating background papers to go along with the main image, once I've decided!
I had a box full of these gorgeous yarns....
...and I've been knitting them into squares....
...they are going to be made into a throw. I could have just knitted it in long lengths, I know....
....but that wasn't the effect I wanted. It will be so much nicer in squares...
....I've done 68 so far....
...and I have enough yarn to make at least another 30....
......and the colours are just delicious...
.....It will be so soft and fluffy, just right for these long dark evenings.

Today has been baking day....
...I wanted to get it all done today. The mince pies, sausage rolls, lemon tarts are all done. I just have to make a Bailey's cream cake and a trifle. They'll be done on Friday.
I shan't get much crafting done over Christmas, I shall be too busy with the family. But the ideas will still keep coming and I shall note them down whenever they arise.
Now it's time for gift wrapping and we still have the tree to put up. That's a job for tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment