Tuesday 3 July 2012

Batman Returns

Yes, Batman has returned. For our Grandsons' birthday card I just had to use him ( and his many guises) in some form. This is what I did. After giving it some thought I decided to try something different this year. We didn't know what to buy him for a gift and thought that it may be nice for him to have a money gift, which he could either save or spend as he wished, his choice. I didn't want to just hand over an envelope with money in it, I wanted something different. So, after some thought and some rummaging around in my little craft room, I came up with a flat box, about 9" square and 2" deep. Thinking of all the Batman films and shows which I'd seen in the past, ( I'm referring to Adam West as Batman now, nothing earlier than that!) I thought that doing some kind of mystery or puzzle would be different. Thinking cap on, I knew I had some green A4 paper and matching envelopes ( somewhere safe) so whilst retrieving said paper my mind was thinking of a riddle. Yes you've guessed it, green paper and envelope....the Riddler! Now all I had to do is make up a riddle.!?! I was thinking about this whilst I was covering my box with brown paper.....
...Once the box was suitably covered (and adorned) it would hold three "letters".... back to that later. I covered the box with brown paper. Now, this box needed to have travelled through the " Gotham City postal service" so I cut out two pictures, one of the Riddler and one of Joker and used them as stamps. I drew a "franking" date stamp, and added a few more "ads" to add to the look......
...I even added a "boot" foot print on the base of the box to give it a grunge look. I loved doing this, it was so much fun. I used a dye base black ink on my trainer sole. Mick wondered what on earth I was doing! I think it worked really well. Once the box was finished it was set aside whilst I composed my riddle. It didn't take too long. I just wanted something which may give him a clue to his present...
...I printed it on the laptop after finding a font suitable, and then I sealed it in the envelope which had a number 1 on it. Number 2 envelope contained his money, but I carefully wrapped it in silver foil and placed in a white envelope marked number 2. Number 3 envelope contained his card. But it wasn't a card as such it was a " who is Batman" mystery. Here are the pages.....
....I used pictures from a book (again) as I had with my sons' card. The background papers I made as a collage of batman images and took the transparency level down to give it a faded look. I used a jagged edged ruler to tear the edges... ...
...the script was done on the computer.....
....there are so many to choose from, but this one was just right....
...the backgrounds were just matted onto the card, but some of the embellishments were put on 3d foam....
....by this time I was wondering who had been my favourite Batman.....
.... (as the picture says) ..that's not him!....
...by the time I added this picture I thought of how old I was when I watched him on tv!!......
....and now to reveal who is Batman (and my favourite).....
...it couldn't be any other could it!....
....our Batman!....
.....success!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment