Friday 9 September 2011

All kinds of everything!

Everyone who knows me would tell you that I love being busy. I can't just sit, whether it's in front of the tv or sitting in the garden, I have to be doing something. So, this is what I've been doing this last week or so.
After finishing some knitted orders...
..savoury and sweet....
....bright and pastel....
...sugary.......
...and fruity....
....I've also squeezed in some of my own personal projects. This is what I've been up to. First on the list was sorting out my colours.....
...I can (sort of) see what I have, (or need) for my next orders. It looks neater than it did, so I'm pleased I managed to get it into some sort of order...
....I managed to get all my paints/glues etc finally on the shelves...
...I can now see at a glance what I have and just take it off the shelf.
(I still have to sort my fabrics cupboard out though, next job!)
I've been printing some of my photographs for the family album and also playing with my Serif Craft software.....
....these are for some atc's which I shall be working on. I took some great pictures of birds of prey recently.
I've also been using some old cigarette cards...
...these are part of my late fathers' collection, which consists of stamps, cigarette cards, postcards, matchbox and cheese labels. I am hoping to trade some (in the near future)when they're sorted.
I've also been doing some transforming.
Take one chair (bought from Ikea for £6 in their bargain dept as it had a few dirty marks on it)....
....give it a couple of coats of white paint....
....and then.... well, I haven't got that far. I have to decide which finish to put on it and then make a seatpad for it. This is where sorting my fabrics comes in, there's a wardrobe full to go through. Here's just s sneak peak....
.... the picture was taken quickly as you can see!
So that's what I shall be (hopefully) working on at some point this week.
I shall still be knitting, that's always ongoing.
My neighbour popped in this morning and presented me with a huge bag of apples. So somewhere in this mix of things to do, I shall be making apple and apricot preserve, with some left over for an apple and blackcurrant pie.
All this and we're expecting the birth of our 5th grandchild, any day now.
Happy, happy days!

4 comments:

  1. Hi do you still have any of those lovely knitted mice? The white pink and blue. I'm sure it was you who knitted them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I still make them. They can be bought individually or as many as you want, in various colours. You can always email me if you more info or to buy. I think I shall have some postage stamps for you, when I've sorted them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about the stamps, thankyou very much. Will email you about the mice, as I would like one for myself and one for a planned giveaway on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda....Thank you so much for following my blog, I recently moved my Mother here with us, and I have so little time for writing on my blog. I will continue to follow your blog, as I love your items, and also on Flickr. Thank you for your kindness and interest. I will still have my Flickr photo stream, but I am closing my blog for now. I love those red berries or apples in the bowl. Such pretty work! Thank you again Linda...Keep making these delicious treats. yum! Warmly, Shelly(Susiea)

    ReplyDelete