Thursday 22 September 2011

The spirit of.......

I was trying (very hard) not to think about Christmas at the moment, but as I've had requests for these......
........ it's hard not to. But now they are made, and some are in my Folksy shop, I can get on with the things at hand.
I am currently working on some new knitted projects, they are special requests so I won't be showing them until they are completed and in their new homes.
The chair I was painting for my little room is still white. This is because I can't yet make my mind up as to which of the fabrics I'm going to use for the seat cushion. I wouldn't have thought it would proove to be so difficult, but it is! Anyway, I have fabric and paints.....
....on hand ready, for when the decision has been made. In the meantime I am still stilling on my old wicker chair!
As a collector (hoarder some would say) of all things crafty, I have come up with an idea for using some of this gorgeous fabric
.....I do have quite a collection of the Christmas designs.....
.......but this one, I think....
....could be used all the year round.
Maybe I'll be using these too!
I've been given some beautiful wallpapers samples, flocks, animal and reptile prints and some really traditional patterned ones. In my effort not to waste a scrap, I've been cutting just a few squares out and trying out some ideas...
...this is just a sneak preview, (all will be revealed shortly) and I shan't be throwing anything away as the small leftover bits are going to be used in a mosaic, I have some cigar boxes to "work" on. I've also been trying out distress inks, embossing and mica powders on some cream wallpaper with a beautiful ornate raised design on it. (I have a full roll of this one). The results so far are wonderful, especially with the Cosmic Shimmer powders.
But I have to stop playing, for now. Lunch is beckoning, roasted butternut squash and red pepper soup with a crusty roll. After that, well it's housework which has to be done.
Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment