Friday 13 January 2012

Card sharp.

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to recycle as much of these...
...as possible. Well, here's what I did with them.
I used some of my Sizzix dies....
(not a good picture!).....
.....I cut out various letters. I didn't worry about the colours as I didn't want a uniform colour or pattern. I also used my snowflake die and cut out some more snowflakes. I adore this dye, I intend to use it all year. I think it's so versatile. I shall be experimenting in the forthcoming days.
Using some punches I cut out squares and circles....
...the punches were the Martha Stewart punch all over the page. I even saved the outer bits as I have plans for those too.
Words and messages were cut out.....
....some will be used as they are and some will be distressed or embossed.
I cut out images....
....to mat and layer onto nice card. There were some cards which I have yet to decide what to do with, they could end up on a scrapbook page, in some form. Other images were cut down...
.....there was still the other half of the cards to go, so I cut out all the blank parts...
....this will be used for stamping, painting etc. There's a mixture of glossy and plain card and various shapes and sizes.
All in all there was little left to go into the recyling bin, so I'm very pleased.
I happened to tell my friend Carol what I'd done and she says she has a huge box of used cards and would I like them!
I love a bit of glitter and one of my Christmas treats were these...
...the picture doesn't do them justice, ( wrong setting on my camera!) I also have a collection of Art Institute glitters which I bought a couple of years ago, but I generally use them on fabrics. I don't know whether these will work on fabric or not, but I'll give it a try once I've glittered everything else!
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment