Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Year, new adventures!

Happy New Year!
It seems to be the "thing" to do, to review the last year, but it's not me. Someone, ( I don't know who) once said " Don't look back, that isn't the way you're going", and it's true. So onward we go!
For 2012 I am hoping to ring the changes and do some things which I haven't done for many years, but still carry on with my everyday things.
My hand knitting adventures will continue. I have more patterns and ideas to add to my patisserie range...
.....I still have a good supply of colours....
....the picture shows just a few colours of the yarns I have. But I may need some others, depending on the projects I do.
I've been working on some stemmed flowers.....
...these are some of my daffodils and narcissi. I'm currently working on tulips, roses, daisies and carnations.
I have a Singer Merlin knitting machine, which I haven't used for about 15 years. I'm hoping to set aside some time to get cracking on a couple of projects with that, when I have chose the yarn.
Once I've sorted through all my fabrics, (this may take a while) I am hoping to make some dolls....
.....this is something which I did when our children were school age. I think now is the time for me to begin again. I have quite a few books on dolls and doll making, from traditional to Tilda to art dolls. At this moment in time I have no idea what type I shall make. It really all depends on the fabrics I chose. I also used to make knitted dolls to my own pattern and design, so knitted or sewn,it will be difficult to choose.
I have thousands of buttons from my grandmothers, mothers and my collection....
.....and I have jars and jars of beads too...
.....I'm not short of an embellishment or two. I haven't mentioned ribbons and lace, I'll leave that for a later post!
I am also thinking about a wire sculpture project, but to be honest I haven't really thought that one through properly yet! But I have seen something which has inspired me. So maybe more on that at a later date.
I have a good stash on card for cardmaking and scrapbooking, so shouldn't need to buy any at all this year ( or even next) and I am looking to recycle these.....
....I want to use all of the cards and not just the fronts, as is usually used. I have paints, inks glitters etc, so I'll be experimenting to see what I can come up with. This may be a way of stopping me cutting into a pice of A4 card, just for a small amount!
If there's one phrase which I find annoying, it's "on trend". it drives me crazy. I have never been one to follow trends and have always tried to be individual. I wouldn't ever buy something because it's "trendy" or because everyone else has one. Just before Christmas we were in the Cotswolds and looking in some of the gift shops was quite an eyeopener. Many of the shops seem to sell "handmade" style items, but obviously mass produced, and the prices were extremely high. Even the shops selling Christmas decorations were the same. I would love everyone to try making something just once, just to see if they enjoy it. I'm sure that they would. There is as much enjoyment in the making as in the giving.
Tomorrow I'm going to start reorganising my little craft room. I did have it sorted and it worked quite well, at the time, but now ( since I made a mess before Christmas) it's time to do it again.
As you can see, it really is a small room...
....it needs redecorating, and I shall have vinyl floor covering instead of carpet, ( I'm thinking of paint spills)....
........it is a good size desk, when it isn't covered in stuff....
......even the boxes will be sorted as the stack is getting quite high...
.....if you're wondering where all the yarn and fabric lives, well that's in the spare bedroom in a wardobe and shelves.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is wet and windy, so tomorrow, the big sort out begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment