Thursday 25 October 2012

Seasonal projects.

Now all the family and friends have had their birthdays I can concentrate on the more seasonal projects. I'm hoping that I can get all my Christmas cards made by the end of November, (last year I managed it) so I hope I can repeat it again. Last year my cards were of a contemporary theme and the colour themes I used were black and silver, brown and gold, aubergine and copper. I used some gorgeous papers and die cut shapes using my Sizzix dies. This year I'm using white card and I shall be stamping and colouring, not sure what though, I haven't made that decision yet. I will be using some other items on some cards. I've been doing some preparation work recently....
....reusing something is all part of the fun. I'll get all my things sorted, stamps, colours, (maybe a bit of glitter) and then decide which theme I will go for then I shall made a start this weekend. My Christmas knitting is still on track, and am keeping up with orders. I've put some mince pies into my Folksy shop....
........along with the Christmas treats selection.........
.....and I'm just finishing off a set of four of these little chaps.....
....I first made some of these about 20 years ago for a school Christmas Fair. Pardon the pun but they sold like hot cakes! I have ideas to adapt the pattern even more, but it will have to wait for now. There's something else which I would like to tackle in the next couple of days, and that's changing my little work room around,again. I'm still not happy with it. it isn't the storage which is the problem, it's how it's all laid out. I have a terrible habit of moving things to a "better" place and then can't find them when I need them. I need to think about how I use this small space and make it more workable, I know it's possible if I just give it some thought. I still haven't sorted the files out on my laptop, I should have done it a few weeks ago and it really need doing, maybe it's another job for this weekend? Forgot to ad..... Here's the hot water bottle cover which I made completely from scraps....
...even the ribbon binding was a scrap. So I proved to myself that I now have another way of using any leftovers, if there are any!!

No comments:

Post a Comment