Friday 7 December 2012

Playing cards

I've finally finished all my knitted Christmas sweet treats for another year. I thought that I might get finished a little earlier than I did, but it wasn't to be.
I've already begun some new spring items, but they can wait until after the festive season.

My Christmas cards are almost finished, I just have five to make, and these will be finished this weekend. The main bulk of the cards which I send, (about 70) are all done. In the end I decided on another theme for them than originally planned. I had intended to use some old Christmas postage stamps. I had already mounted them onto card, ready for die cutting. But then I had another idea after watching something on the telly.


I've been watch Servants, the true story on BBC 2, and on the first programme they visited ERDDIG
We visited there a couple of years ago, it's a beautiful place with so much to take in.
Anyway it was the fabrics and wall coverings which inspired me for my card theme. I wanted a look of gilded pattern on a misty background colour, but worn and faded.
So using white card stock, I used a selected few stamps which I thought would befit the idea.
Using gorgeous Brilliance metallic ink pads in Starlight silver, starlight black, copper and gold, I stamped my images. Some quite random and not all perfect. Once dry I coloured the images on some in metallic watercolour pencils in "Victoriana" colours and then used chalks in similar tones to compliment. I then edged the card with a darker shade of ink to finish off....


...they all turned out just as I wanted.....

....so different from last years' black/silver and brown/gold contemporary cards which i made last year.....

The pictures don't really show the shimmer on the card, I'm really pleased with them.


Once I've finished off the last few, I shall tidy my desk and pack all my card making tools away until after the holidays, then I have some Birthday cards to make.



I've begun a knitted project for myself. I chunky jacket in a gorgeous spicy colour...

I started it last night and am itching to carry on with it, but housework calls, at the moment!
I keep adding to my book of ideas for new projects, but I also have decide to make a colour combination swatch book, which I want to use as a reference for a multitude of things not just paper craft. But that will have to wait, just a while.
I'd better begin my household chores before I get sidetracked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment